Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What Goes Better with A New House?

AN ENGAGEMENT RING!


My partner, Glen popped the big question recently after four and a half years together. I must say I was completely surprised! He's been working away a lot recently. But every time he goes away, he always brings me a home a small gift. We have a running joke that scooter engine parts are really special. He came home from Montreal last Wednesday and he says he's got presents for me. He pulls out an engine part. I laugh. I say "Wow honey, that's nice! What else did you bring me?" I'm used to small toys, knickknacks etc. Then he pulls out the box. He says "I've got something else for you but it comes with a question". Of course, I can't believe what's happening and tell him to shut up :) (in a joking sort of way). Then I said yes, of course and we cried for a few minutes as it sunk in. Crazy, I never thought I was the marrying type!!

He even went to my parents house to tell them of his intentions and he brought his mother ring shopping with him. I think I might have struck it rich in the love department...

I know I'm one lucky woman and proud to have such a wonderful and supportive partner in my life. :)